by Józef Hertel
are counless interesting places in and around the city of
Konstancin. Here are some of those:
1. Konstancin - the boulder at the entrance to the Park,
to commemorate the founder of the city.
Villa "¦wit" (Dawn), at Żeromskiego St. - first
the home of a famous painter, Zdzisław jasiński, later,
1920-1925 the place where Stefan Żeromski lived. Currently
the writers daughter, Monika Zeromska, lives in there.
Villa "Julia" - owned by the families of Machlejda-Henisz
Villa "Ukrainka"(The Ukrainian Girl) at Batorego
St. - the place where Wacław G±siorowski lived. After the
war it was inhabited by the fame of Warsaw and Konstancin
- Jadwiga Pate. having mentione two writers, it's necessary
to add others: Leopold Buczkowski (Piasta St.), Roman Bratny
(Mickiewicza St.), Jerzy Zawieyski (Potulickich St.).
Villa "Anna" at Żeromskiego St. - former Professors'
Setlement, bearing the memory of people like Tatarkiewicz,
Szober, H.Mo¶cicki, writer - Maria D±browska and Conrad's
translator - Aniela Zagórska.
Villa "Moja" (Mine) - Sienkiewicza St. where a
famous painter Józef Pankiewicz hoster the senator Laurysiewicz.
of the homes bear also the names of their famous designers:
Vilia at Batorego St. 41 - project of Władysław Marconi
(1900) - Dziewulski
- Wilanowska St. , arch. Jan Heurich (1903) - The Manns,
"Zameczek" (Small Castle) - Sobieskiego St. ,
arch. Izydor Pianko (1903) -dr, Rodys, later The Millers,
"Gryf" (gryphon) - Sobieskiego St. , arch. Bronisław
Czosnowski - formerly knwo as "Zagadka" (The Riddle),
The Skolimów Church - arch.Rogóyski (1905) - founded by
The Church in Mirków (The Industrial Jeziorna) - arch. Kuder
(1907) - founded by Natanson and the workers of paper factory,
The Church in Konstancin - arch. Józef Dziekoński (1911)
- founded by countess Józefa D±mbska,
"Ukrainka" (The Ucrainian Girl) - Batorego St.,
arch. Tadeusz Tołwiński (1914) and The Emeryks family,
w Lesie"(The Forest mansion) - Skargi St. , arch.
Antoni Wójcicki - dr. Wedel,
"Anusia" – Żółkiewskiego St. , arch. Czesław
Przybylski (1934) - The Wertheims,
"Eloe" - Jagiellońska St. , arch. Kazimierz
Skórewicz - president of Warsaw, Drzewiecki,
„As"- Sobieskiego St. - The Home of Creative Works
Skolimów Graveyard - The Golden Book,
The Graveyard of Warsaw Uprising Heroes in Powsin,
The Słomczyn Graveyard with the Family Chapel of Potulicki
The Marynin Graveyard, described by S. ¬eromski in his
book "Pomyłki" (The Mistakes).
2. Obory - the manor farm from second half of 17th century
- designed by arch. Tylman of Gameren. Once the property
of Crown Chancellor of King Jan III Sobieski and his wife
- the sister of QueenMarysieńka. Later owned by the counts
Potuliccy. Since 1948 - The Home for Polish Wirters named
of Bolesław Prus.
3. Jeziorna - here in 1760 the paper mill was built -
it was the origin of Royal Paper Factory and modern day
Warsaw Paper Faktories. There is a very interesting exhibition
of workers movement and paper production available for
Valuable photographs of the Old paper Mill, the oldest monument
of Jeziorna, from 1830, designed by the famous architect
Jan Jakub Gay. A settlement of Mirków, worth knowing, includes
the neogothic church of St. Joseph with the priceless paintings
of Baptism of Jesus (by an unknown 17th c. master) and Jesus
King in Thorn Crown (by the famous Adam Styka).